The first time I tried these muffins (read: devoured three of them all nice and warm from the oven) I found myself wondering hours later whether or not I had eaten lunch, and if not, why wasn’t I hungry?
Mystery solved. This is one of the best paleo recipes I’ve tried. Even with no added sugar or other sweeteners, these muffins are super delicious, and surprisingly filling. It must be the combination of coconut, flax, bananas, and all the other good stuff we’ve packed into these wonderfully chocolatey muffins. Try it, you’ll see! Let me know how they work out for you.
YIELD: 20 Muffins ● PREP: 30 Min ● COOK: 18 Min
- Preheat oven to 350F / 180C. Line 2 baking sheets with 20 parchment muffin liners.
- Mix almond meal, flax, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mash banana well. You can use an immersion blender to complete the job. Add remaining liquid ingredients and stir.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ones, and add chocolate. Stir gently, running your spatula or spoon around the bowl and under the pile of ingredients just until incorporated. Use an ice cream scoop to fill 20 muffin liners evenly.
- Bake 18 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 3-5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.