Paleo Vegan Choco Almond Ice Cream (V, GF): a 7 ingredient recipe for deliciously creamy, no churn ice cream bursting with coconut, chocolate and almonds. Vegan, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free.
Serves: 7-12 servings (about 3-4 cups)
- 3 medium bananas, sliced and frozen
- ½ cup coconut cream*
- 1-2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla or almond extract
- ⅓ cup unsweetened coconut, shreds or flakes
- ⅓ cup unsalted almonds, chopped or sliced
- ¼ cup mini vegan chocolate chips
- Add bananas to a blender or food processor. Blend until crumbly. Add coconut cream, maple syrup and extract, blending until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Add coconut, almonds and chocolate chips**, blending until just incorporated (2-4 pulses).
- If you like super soft, melty ice cream, enjoy immediately. If you want your ice cream firm and scoopable: pour into a freezer-friendly, airtight container. Freeze for 3-6 hours, or until completely frozen. Allow to thaw for 5-15 minutes before scooping. Enjoy!
– You can use canned coconut cream, or you do the following: Allow a can of full-fat coconut milk to settle for 1-3 days—set it in a stable, cool environment. Open the can and scoop the firm, creamy white part off the top—this is the coconut cream.
– **Alternatively, you can melt the chocolate to achieve delicate chocolate flakes in your ice cream. Here’s how: add chocolate chips to a small, microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave in 15-second increments until melted. Stir in between increments, until smooth. Scrape melted chocolate into the blender. Pulse a few times to combine. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.