We love this chocolate granola recipe, which uses several ingredients rich in magnesium, and it tastes great! As a suggestion, serve with blueberries & coconut yoghurt. It keeps well in the freezer or fridge. Use organic where possible. If you choose other nuts, anything but peanuts are ok.
- Preheat oven to 150°C / 300°F.
- Prepare a lined baking tray.
- Using a processor, pulse the walnuts, almonds, cashews and pumpkin seeds together.
- Add in the gogi berries, flax seeds and shredded coconut.
- Heat a pot and pour in the coconut oil, honey, vanilla essence, cinnamon, cacao powder and salt. Stir until melted and well blended together.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the nuts and mix.
- Spread the mixed mixture into the baking tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Cool and then break up.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.
Each serving provides:
- 125 mg magnesium
- 724 mg potassium
- 195 mg sodium
- 94 mg calcium
- .64 mg copper