This sweet and spicy Christmas Ham will be the highlight of your Christmas feast. It’s sweet, spicy and even has a slight tanginess to it. Serve with roasted sweet potatoes and your favorite greens.
- Ham (7 pounds or 3.5kg)
- ¼ cup whole cloves
- 5-7 pineapple rings
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Prepare a baking dish and set aside while you make the glaze.
- Mix the honey, coconut vinegar, coconut crystals, dijon mustard, maple syrup and pineapple juice together. Add more vinegar if you want the glaze to be more tangy or sour. Add more honey if you want it on the sweeter side. Set aside.
- Make shallow, criss cross cuts across the ham. and place it in the baking dish.
- Cook the ham (without the pineapple rings and no glaze) for 1 hour and a half.
- Glaze the ham and cook it again for 20 minutes.
- Add in the pineapple rings and cook it again for 20-30 minutes.