Delicious Creamy Chicken Thighs that will impress everyone – even the non-paleo guests. So healthy, too!
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 8 chicken thighs (bone-in, skin removed)
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tsp Garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- large pinch red pepper flakes
- 13.5 oz can coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Basil (shredded, to top)
- Mix together the tapioca starch, salt, and pepper in a medium sized bowl. Toss the chicken thighs in the mixture until fully coated.
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Heat 2 T of the Olive Oil in a Dutch oven. Add the chicken, four pieces at a time, and brown on each side. When the chicken is all browned, remove it and set it aside.
- Add the remaining 1 T of oil to the pan and heat to medium/high. Add the sliced onion and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, italian seasoning, and red pepper and sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Add the coconut milk and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken back into the sauce, scooping the onions and tomatoes over the top of the chicken. Try to fit the chicken in a single layer, if possible.
- Cover pan with a lid and place it in the oven. Cook for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes, reduce the heat to 300 F and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with shredded basil just before serving.