These Healthy Beef Nachos are perfect with our Sweet Potato Chips. So good that you will find yourself making these most weeks. This is sure to please recipe for the whole family.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 green chili, diced
- ½ kg ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 12 oz. canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 tbsp cilantro / coriander, chopped
- 1.5 cups guacamole
- 1-2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- Heat a large pan then melt the coconut oil in it. Once the oil is hot enough, add the onion chilli and ground beef then sauté. Stir regularly for 5 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes, garlic, cumin and paprika. Add in some salt and pepper, too. You can add tomato paste if you wish but this is optional.
- Simmer for 25 minutes over low heat.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes, lime juice and cilantro to the pan then adjust the salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat. Place the beef mix on a platter and top with guacamole and chopped green onions.
- Try these with baked sweet potato chips!