Tasty hot cross buns free from gluten and perfect for the whole family this Easter.
- 3 cups almond meal
- Pinch fine himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 1/4 cup EV Coconut Oil
- 2 TBS Maple Syrup
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 free range organic eggs
- Pinch cinnamon, nutmeg and ground cloves
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 50g good quality organic chocolate, roughly chopped, or cacao nibs
- Extra chocolate for the crosses on top, if desired
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Once well combined add the wet ingredients and the chocolate chunks, mixing until a dough forms.
- Scoop even portions of mixture onto a baking tray (approximately 12-14 portions) and bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and rest until cool.
- Melt extra chocolate and drizzle over the buns to create crossed, if you like.