This Paleo Apple Pie not only tastes great, it looks great as well! It’s perfect to make for special occasions or when you have guests over as it makes any table look perfect!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (not melted, hard)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2/3 cup tapioca flour
- 2 small eggs
- 1/4 tbsp salt
- 4 apples (cored, peeled and sliced to 1/4-inch thick)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/8 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Grease a pie dish with coconut oil.
- Put the eggs aside and put in all the other ingredients inside a food processor. Pulse until the texture of the mix becomes crumbly. Add in the eggs and pulse again until you the mix becomes a dough.
- Pour the dough into the pie dish and press it in using parchment paper.
- Use a fork to pierce the dough so it doesn't rise from baking.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let it cool while you prepare the filling.
- In a large bowl, toss the apple slices together with the maple syrup, lemon juice and cinnamon. Mix evenly.
- Place the apple slices at the bottom of the pie crust and arranging it in a circular motion with each slice overlapping each other. After putting in all the apple slices, pour the rest of the sauce in the bowl over the apple.
- Bake for 15 more minutes until the apple looks tender and the crust's color turns golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 15-20 minutes before slicing and serving.