So simple and easy to prepare. These baked chicken cutlets are a healthier way to enjoy chicken as a delicious meal.
- 1 organic egg
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1¼ teaspoons fine grain sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1½ pounds grass-fed boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded into ½-inch thickness
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- In a shallow bowl, crack the egg and beat slightly.
- In another shallow bowl, mix together flours, Italian seasoning blend and spices.
- Dip each chicken culet in egg and then coat with flour mixture evenly, shaking off excess.
- In a large, heavy, deep skillet, melt 3 tablespoons of coconut oil over medium heat and fry half of chicken cutlets for about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer the chicken cutlets onto a paper-towel lined plate to drain.
- Repeat with remaining oil and chicken cutlets.
- Serve hot.
Make sure to use eggs for breading at room temperature.