A richly velvety chocolate cake with a rich and creamy fudge sauce… A small piece of this cake will satisfy your deepest chocolate craving nicely.
- 5 medium medjool dates, pitted and chopped roughly
- ½ cup boiling water
- 3½-ounce 70% dark chocolate
- ¼ cup unsweetened, full-fat coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons ghee, softened
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 3 large organic eggs
- 4 tablespoons almond meal
- 4 tablespoons cacao powder
- ½ cup coconut cream
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon powdered stevia
- ½ teaspoon instant espresso powder
- ¼ teaspoon organic baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 8x8-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- For cake: in a food processor, add the dates and water and let the dates soak for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, add chocolate and coconut milk and microwave until melted completely.
- Now, pulse the date mixture until smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture and pulse until well combined.
- Add the ghee and vanilla extract and pulse until smooth.
- Keep aside to cool the mixture in food processor for about 2-3 minutes.
- Now, add the remaining ingredients and pulse until just combined.
- Place the mixture into prepared baking dish evenly.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and place onto a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
- Carefully, invert the cake onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, for sauce: in a small pan, add coconut cream, cocoa powder and maple syrup over very low heat and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove from the heat off and stir in coconut oil until smooth.
- Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Pour sauce over cooled cake and serve.
The secret to perfect chocolate cake depends on good quality of chocolate and cacao powder.