A deliciously fun breakfast recipe especially for chocolate lovers. A great recipe for Valentines Day when you are looking for the perfect way to start the day with your loved ones.
- Preheat the waffle iron on high.
- For waffles: in a large bowl, mix together flours, cacao powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, add eggs, apple sauce and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Add egg mixture in the bowl with flour mixture and mix until well combined.
- Gently, fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour about ¾ cup of mixture in waffle iron. Cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Meanwhile, for sauce: in a small pan, add chocolate chips and coconut oil on low heat.
- Cook until the chocolate chips melt completely, stirring continuously.
- Serve the waffles with the topping of chocolate sauce.
For more chocolate flavor, sprinkle each waffle with some cacao power before serving.