This roasted chicken will have you eating with your hands and licking your fingers. This is perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
- ¼ cup coconut oil (for greasing)
- 1 large onion (cut into large chunks)
- 5 garlic cloves
- 3 large carrots
- 1 lemon (cut into 6 pieces)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- .5 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp Thyme
- Several Rosemary Sprigs
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Prepare a large roasting pan and grease the bottom.
- Remove gizzards or organs from inside of the chicken then replace the insides of the chicken with onions, garlic and citrus. Put the herbs in last with some of it around the roasted chicken.
- Place carrots around the chicken on the sides of the roasting pan, Brush chicken with the coconut oil and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- After 1 hour Insert a thermometer on the thighs, choose the thigh that is thicker.
- Roast the chicken until the instant-read thermometer reads 75°C/165°F.